Sunday, April 06, 2008

Back to the Beach (Sort of)

The train/taxi/car ride down to Pattay Beach went pretty much as planned. We stayed in a hotel belonging to John's friend for two nights, had a lot of good food and good wine and generally had a great time. The only disappointment was the beach itself. I had heard how crowded the area has become, but there is nothing quite so convincing as seeing it with one's own eyes.


The youngest guy on the left, with Frank in the middle and John on the right.

More Thai beer and Cambodian wine.
Frank insisted we try these fried banana desserts.

The banana slices were wrapped in this very thin bread. Though popular here, this bread is actually from India.

Busy "Walking Street" in South Pattaya. This is the slow season.

These rows and rows of chairs and umbrellas go on for literally miles and miles. I can't imagine the busy season.
From Pattaya back up through Bangkok to Chiang Mai. And the ride will begin.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun! Come to Florida if you want good beaches (or Hawaii I guess). Keep having a great time!

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having a GREAT time! Not too sure about fried bananas, but I'd take just about any beach. :) ENJOY!