I'm now in Fang, near the Thai/Myanmar border, ready to go to the Golden Triangle tomorrow. More mountains and more fun.
Loaded up and ready to go.
This great image popped up in the middle of nowhere about halfway between Chiang Dao and Fang up in the mountains. It was so quiet here except for the birds singing that I hated to leave.
Sunset behind a temple in Fang.
And today's baby picture, taken at a great open-air restaurant on the northeast corner of town, 22-month-old Narak. She is swinging in the playground area, all much more civil than the McD's noisy venues. Someday I'll be back here.
And finally, I can't read this, and I don't remember what the manager said the name of the restaurant is, but for those of you that can read Thai, I highly recomment this restaurant. The mosquitos are constantly competing for the food, but they don't eat all that much. (Edit: I just asked the lady who runs this great internet place to read this sign for me, and the name of the restaurant is Vieng Fang [Fang City] WangKung. Jot that down somewhere for future reference.)
I didn't bring my computer, but the internet here costs 85 cents per hour, and the computer chairs are recliners, I guess to make the gamers comfy. The only thing missing is one of those Elephant Beers.
But I think I saw a sign on my way into town.
3 comments:
Looks like a lot of peace, tranquility and just plain fun. Keep 'em coming when you can.
Looks so totally up your alley! Glad you're having fun - keep it up!
I just found your site. I didn't have a clue that you were posting picutres. They are awesome, and I agree with Donna, -- you are doing what you find enjoyable and relaxing -- keep on keeping on!! Go Bob!!!
Post a Comment